Friday, February 26, 2010

Postcards From Home

Hi everyone,
I am posting this introduction to a new feature that will be running on this blog. Postcards From Home will be a regular feature where team members post their photos with a short description to help us all get to know each other better.

The pictures can be of your home, your workspace, your view from your window, or your geographical surroundings. Anything you want that helps us see something about you. Please tell us: what the photos are of, how each inspires, effects, or relates to you.

You can post the photos yourself on the blog with the title "Postcards From Home - #whatever", or you can send the info to my etsy convo: shecological.etsy.com, and I will post them for you. I think 1-3 photos each would be a good start.

I am looking forward to seeing the world through all of your eyes!!

13 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this as we all hide behind a big Etsy mask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to take pics of our village's ancient walls this weekend. This is a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realized: We can't post unless we were blog authors, right? We'll have to convo you then, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is that the only way? to send you the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone can send me your photos with the information about what they are of and why they mean something to you etc. I think it is best this way then I can space them out so they don't all show up at once. I think Cindy is going to go first then maybe Sharon, then I will just post them in the order that I receive them. I am glad everyone likes the idea.

    Also, don't be afraid to include yourself in the shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the idea of this! Off to a great start.. I'll have to look around and see what I can find.. either that or clean up my workspace first :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea and will be sending pics- my place is a rat's nest at the moment, of course

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful idea! I love getting to see peoples private places. It usually inspires me to work on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such a great idea, i can't wait to get to know everyone a wee bit better as a lot of you lovelies are new to me... :)

    i shall put something together myself soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great! i love the idea, it's a great way to know each other!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! It will force me to tidy my messy workspace too, since my immediate geographical surroundings are quite mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I personally, would love to see some mundane as well as majestic. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one who lives in a dull town. ( I hope no one from Flagstaff will hate me for saying that!)

    ReplyDelete