Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Postcards From Home #6 Jude McConkey




Thanks to Jude for today's Postcards! I loaded them backwards so follow her explanations from the bottom to the top.


I live in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, which is famous for the Soo Locks where the huge ships come though on their way to Duluth. The first postcard is of the Algosar - a Canadian ship I first saw while down at the Locks on a beautiful summer day. The next time was when I was on a coast guard icebreaker in February as it was cutting ice to allow the ship through the frozen lake. One of the perks of being a newspaper photographer is being able to go places others aren't allowed. The second photo is another part of my newspaper world - football in pouring rain this past year which I like to call "Mudbowl 2009." I was just grateful that I didn't slip and fall in front of everyone. The last few photos are family ones - my 4 grandchildren (Allie, Seth, and Izzy on top, and Kerensa getting her nails done) - and our latest addition to the family: the sweet and ever-shedding Farley.

7 comments:

  1. beautiful grandchildren:) even the one sticking his tongue out ;)
    and of course, Farley is beautiful..
    and being a newspaper photographer... that sounds like an interesting job!
    Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were a newspaper photographer- how fascinating! I feel like I have just been to Michigan! Gorgeous grandkids and adorable pup, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jude, I LOVE your photos and your comments.. and being a native Michigander, your pics look mighty familiar!
    Your grandchildren are beautiful and Farley is a sweetheart. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys! It was fun sharing a bit of my world.. looking forward to more from other team members :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are wonderful... they pulled me right in. Beautiful grandkids, (love the spunk of the middle one!) and what a sweetie-pie of a pooch. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, Jude! What sweet grandkids and adorable furry friend. :) I enjoy seeing photos from Michigan--my home state. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jude..I love your work....I just found all these older posts! Nice journal of your life!

    ReplyDelete