Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Postcards From Home #12 - Lucy Snowe Photography

Today's postcards and captions are from the wonderful photographer Lucy Snowe. What a rich impression they give. The calm and creative energy of her world really come through these images!




This is Main Street in the tiny remote rural town in Oregon where I live, population approx. 900! Not much to do here..except CREATE!


I don't really have a studio....but hopefully some day!!! I would say this is pretty much my studio...the great outdoors....My husband thinks I have taken over the entire house..cameras, tripods, computers, shipping supplies, frames in every room!!! The deer don't seem to mind...if I intrude on their space.


This is one of my photo assistants: Basho, named after one of my favorite poets!


This is a little nook I fixed up to watch the deer and geese out the window..we have LONG winters....so I do spend a lot of time indoors. I like to read in the morning and get inspired, watch birds and work on my shoots for the day!




This is me...self portrait

well..there you have it...me in a nutshell..


12 comments:

  1. Thanks to Lucy for sharing her photos with us! They are absolutely gorgeous!

    I hope others will send some along to me so we can keep this fun feature going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos Lucy. It looks so serene and lovely where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy! There you are :) So nice to have see a face to go with the name! Your town is exactly how I imagined! LOVE your nook....may be stealing that idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous place to live...far far away from the grind of big city life! I love seeing the wellspring of your everyday world and the inspiration for your photography...Thank You so much for sharing. Great self portrait and I think I'll steal the "nook" idea too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, beautiful YOU! Thanks so much for sharing a slice of your world with us.. oh and I agree with Kristin: Basho is quite dashing! : D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to meet you, Lucy.. love all your photos - especially your self portrait :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing with us lucy, it's great to meet you! BEAUTIFUL place where you live!
    also love your self portrait :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lucy- I love your work and am so glad to see more about you here- your self portrait is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photos! I've really enjoyed this glimpse of your world--so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely area and space... and Basho is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to curl up in that lovely little nook you have created. Love your work and thanks for letting up peek into your world!

    ReplyDelete