Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Postcards From Home #14 - Julie Garland

Today we introduce Julie Garland of Julie Garland Jewelry! I love the small town America feel! Thanks for sharing with us!





Picture #1

This is a photo of main street and the lone traffic light in Youngstown in Western New York where I live. It’s an historic little village right on the Niagara River where it flows into Lake Ontario. This is the first time I’ve lived in a small town and I have to admit it does have its charm! The local diner is fantastic and I frequent it so much they wonder if I ever cook.

Picture #2

This lovely little spot is where my son and I sit and watch the boats. Old Fort Niagara is very close and is on the National Historic Register. Over 100,000 people visit each year and it offers a collection of original military architecture and fortifications from the 18th and 19th Century. It also has a beautiful park and waterfront and I like to stand at the shore and wave to my Canadian friends across the lake in Toronto. (Well not really because that would make me look crazy.)

Picture #3

This view is overlooking the Marina. Youngstown is a pretty sleepy place in the winter but in the summer it comes alive. We don’t own a boat but do our best to befriend people that do (just kidding!).

Picture #4

And finally here is a picture of yours truly in my work area that I usually don’t get to until my son’s bedtime!

12 comments:

  1. So nice to finally put a face with your name Julie. For some reason I always thought you would have dark hair, must be that "Judy" Garland association. :) Your town looks so peacefully and lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Julie- loved learning more about you and I totally agree that friends with boats are the best kind of friends!! Western NY is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it looks beautiful where you live!!1 I love the photo of the boats! Looks so peaceful!
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Julie, I live in an around many small towns, and I certainly appreciate it:)
    it's sleepy and close-knit. very pretty.
    Nothing wrong with becoming friends with boat owners!!! :) living near water is my dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so fun to read. Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julie,
    Nice to finally meet you : )
    Cecile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie,Nice to get to peek into someones enviornment.I live in a sleepy little town also! Thanks for sharing yourself with us!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. helllooooooo!!! so good to see you and what belongs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a lovely place that must be to live! And I have to admit, I laughed out loud at the thought of you waving across the lake to our Canadian friends! : D
    Thanks for allowing us a glimpse into the life of Julie Garland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live in a very small town as well, but alas... no Marina. (Oh, how I wish!) Lovely to meet you, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet small town and the marina is lovely! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really nice to meet you Julie!
    Your little town looks absolutely peaceful. Thanks for sharing these great pictures with us!

    ReplyDelete