Thursday, July 15, 2010

Creative Inspiration: Poetry


Rituals are good... especially the kind that clears the mind and renews the soul. A brisk walk on a familiar wooded trail, a evening cup of chamomile tea, or quiet time in the garden all qualify as rituals of inspiration.

Lucy Snowe of Lucy Snowe Photography has graciously shared her morning ritual. She discovers her daily inspiration through poetry and a good cup of joe. Please read on, breathe, and find your inspiration.....

My inspiration often comes from poetry.... I am most drawn to haiku and other forms of Asian poetry. I love to begin my day...sipping a dark organic french roast latte and reading poetry in my little nook by the window.


Here are three haiku by one of my favorite poets: Haiku Master Buson (Japan 1700s)

A peony fallen--
on top of one another,
two petals, three petals.


After cutting the peony
my mind seems emptied --
twilight.


A mountain ant,
it is plainly seen
on a white peony.


Sometimes I write a haiku.....
and some times I try to photograph a haiku...

Have an inspiring week!

5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful - both the haiku and the photographs... A lovely read... thanks :)

    jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing! The photographs are simply stunning. Such amazing light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent post to read and see this morning. Large calmness ensues. The peony images are so kind and luminescent. Thank you and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your morning ritual Lucy!
    Thanks for sharing these inspiring pictures and words with us...

    ReplyDelete