Saturday, July 31, 2010

Julie's Flapjack Energy Bars

This recipe comes from one of my mom's old recipe books.This is my version of one of my favorites.

Flapjack- Homemade Energetic Bars
Quick, easy and delicious!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180C)
Grease a 23cm (9 inch) square pan
In a bowl mix together the following:
3 cups oatmeal
2 tbs. sesame seeds
2 tbs. chopped almond
2 tbs. sunflower seed
2 tbs. raisins
...and/or any seeds nuts, or dried fruits. (I used dates for this batch)

Put the following in a sauce pan and melt down and add to the oat mixture:
100 gm. butter (the original recipe calls for 165 gm. but 100 is enough for me)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbs. honey
Mix well all of the ingredients and pour into the pan. Press with the back of a spoon and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely and cut into squares.
The most difficult part of the recipe is waiting for it to cool down completely before cutting it into bars! For those of you not familiar with metrics, 100 gm of butter is about 7 tablespoons or just less than one stick:)

Enjoy!
Julie Larose-St. Amour
le pied leger

5 comments:

  1. They look great. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Love how easy this sounds... thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look wonderful *and* nutritious.. thanks so much! And I adore your 2nd photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These ARE delicious AND very nutricious! I totally love them! And Tomás my cat too!
    Thanks Cindy for the corrections! :-)

    ReplyDelete