Monday, September 13, 2010

Creative Inspiration: Dogs


Our girl, Suki

Dogs. Not all people love ‘em, but those who do shower their four-legged, tail wagging friends with unbridled affection and unconditional love. Or is that the other way around? Whichever, the relationship between canis familiarius and homo sapien has triumphantly stood the test of time.






Myself? A dog lover. Until recently, I was master of two pooches. My big old Black Lab, guardian of the property and grand fetcher of anything thrown, passed away leaving my old Weimarner, Suki, as the queen of the house. At 12 years old, she still has fantastic energy and a stubborn streak to boot. She also receives copious amounts of love and affection from my family. Her time will come as well...sooner than we care to think.





Beantown Handmade's Corsage Collar


So, it goes without saying that I have had dogs on my mind recently. These creatures are an inspiration to all who have known the love of a dog. Happy, carefree, silly, loyal, affectionate....so many other adjectives to describe a dog’s positive attributes (and there are negative ones, too, but I won’t mention those here) I was actually surprised to see how many Artisans Collective members create dog-themed items. From artworks to dog apparel, this team has the dog inspired treasures covered.




"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made." ~Roger Caras

5 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous post .....Dogs Rule!!! I don't have a dog at present....but a house without a dog...is a house without a dog...I do love my cats too, although each morning my porch is littered with dead bats, feathers and mouse heads.. halloween every morning! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...Suki is adorable. :) I love this dog-themed post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful, thanks for sharing! I agree, Suki is adorable, and Pinky...well she's a star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just reading this post after coming back from a nice walk with my little 4 footed buddy! I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your one dog, (I lost my beloved Mo just a little over a year ago) but so happy that you have your beautiful Suki. I hope that she still has many good years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! I never owned a dog, I've always been more of a cat-person.
    I love the idea of these companions being a source of inspiration in our daily life. Because they truly are! Tomás my cat is often my therapist too... :-)

    ReplyDelete