Thursday, October 28, 2010

Paging through our sketchbooks

This series is going to run every other Thursday alternating with "Tea Time". We thought it would be interesting to see what "works in progess" members have, and what ideas and or trends they are thinking about working with. We thought we would start things off with a quick look at what's new with us to give people an idea of things to come. We are really looking forward to seeing pages from other artist's sketchbooks.

For the winter/holiday season Jan and I are looking at Nordic and Scandinavian folk designs and sketching from vintage linens. We've been trying to keep things clean and modern working with crisp red and white combinations.

7 comments:

  1. I love the look of the bird! I've always loved that style. It reminds of something from my childhood - the memory is very faint but I'm sure my mother was stenciling something like that on a bedboard (or it was a dream..lol).. beautiful work, girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red and white and I love seeing the evolution of your ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the clean Scandinavian designs. Thanks for sharing your creative process, wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red and white is such a striking combination. I'll look forward to seeing some beautiful things from you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This takes me right back to my Grandmothers kitchen. My family is Norwegian and this is so familiar! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I know why I love that print! We have good friends in AZ who are of Norwegian descent.... her kitchen is red and white and full of Scandinavian motifs! Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant post! I love this idea of seeing what the collective are up to behind the scenes...I'm sooo nosy lol

    ReplyDelete