Friday, November 26, 2010

Postcards From Home #18 Fierce Mally

Thanks to Mallory Larson from Fierce Mally for this week's postcards. She was very prompt in sending them to me and describing everything wonderfully. I, unfortunately, had a "senior moment" and totally got sidetracked by the holiday. So, I totally forgot to post them on Wednesday!! Please accept my apologies and enjoy them today. Leave comments and let Mallory know what you think of her charming neighborhood!


I moved to Brooklyn, New York about 6 years ago from Fargo, North Dakota. It was quite a change, but the Park Slope neighborhood where we live is a little like a small town (but just a little).


The street I live on is 1 big hill and can be a workout to climb with an armload of groceries.



Just outside my “office” is our tiny kitchen. This is where I find a lot of my inspiration and often grab things out of the drawer to draw. It’s of course also the source of that wonderful life giving fuel, coffee.



This is our little kitchen garden. We don’t have a backyard so this is the bit of nature we have to tend. The plant on the far right is a relatively new addition and it’s a Peruvian Purple Pepper plant (hot hot!).



A couple of blocks from my apartment is beautiful Prospect Park. This is my favorite bench to sit on and people watch.



Just at the edge of the park, is a street lined with beautiful old homes. This little cluster is one of my favorites. I love the old iron entries on the 2 little brick houses in the middle!



Also in the neighborhood (I don’t get out much) is the paper shop where I work as the buyer, window decorator and invitation designer.



At home, this is my workspace. (Note the “storage room” under the desk. )



Finally, here I am along with Melvin the turkey in Times Square. I bought Melvin during an afternoon out, so lucky for him he got to tag along to dinner and a show that night near Times Square. Melvin and I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Mallory,

    It looks like you are living a great adventure in New York. I love your neighborhood! Thanks for sharing!

    Cheers,
    Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mallory, I love seeing your beautiful neighborhood and the park and where you work and where you draw!! I love this feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a comfortable, creative and inspiring place to be. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love getting to peek into your world! Fargo to New York! Wow! Actually I moved from Grand Forks, ND to Honolulu during undergrad school. It is one of the best choices I have ever made!
    Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone, Thanks for all the positive feedback and thanks to Sheila for putting this post together! No worries about the delay Sheila, I was just worried you hadn't gotten it :) Hope you all have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The funniest thing - I had never heard of park slope and right after I posted this my daughter was looking at some designer clothing trying to find where to buy it and the only place was Argentina, Tokyo, and Park Slope! Must be a hip area!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful and exciting place to live! Thanks so much, Mallory, for allowing us a glimpse into your life!

    ReplyDelete