Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Postcards From Home - Searching the Web...


I didn't get any submissions for this feature for this week, so I decided to do a google search of the words "Postcards from Home". One thing lead to another (as web searches often do) and I ended up on Youtube. I found this video and I am IN LOVE with this song! There is a video by a band called Beirut that is mostly sweet, nostalgic images with a few weird images. The sound on their version is a cool, original mix of ukelele, eastern European, and new folk music. I had never heard of this band - Beirut - but I am going to try to find more from them. This is a cover of that song by Florence and the Machine who I like very much. So, check it out, and go to youtube or itunes to check out both of these bands!

2 comments: