Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tea Time

As winter continues to surround us here in Maine I'm tempted to hibernate but I guess I'll settle for a good book, a cup of tea, and a sourdough doughnut. For those of you who keep a sourdough starter this a good way to use up that "cup a day". For those of you thinking of trying out sourdough it requires lots of baking which is both a blessing and a curse. -Enjoy

1 cup sourdough
1 egg
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
approx. 2 cups flour


Pour sourdough into bowl add egg, and oil.
In small bowl mix together dry ingredients.
Add dry ingredients to sourdough and mix until combined (be careful not to over mix)
Cut doughnuts out with doughnut cutter or water glass.
Let doughnuts stand 20 minutes or so to rise.
Fry in hot oil for few minutes per side.




2 comments:

  1. I've never made donuts and you make it seem so easy I will have to try this- I have all the ingredients- just need to see what goes into the sourdough. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom used to make donuts. This inspires me to try! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete