In our last trend poll, we voted we were more likely to incorporate the figurative trend into our work than the neon/natural combo trend which the team was just not feeling (sniffle).
Trendspotting is about getting us inspired to innovate and one of my favorite sites for the latest innovating business ideas
(many are still in a beta testing phase)
is springwise.com - some of their recent posts have included:
1. Belly armor for expectant mothers
2. Medical cottages that enable senior care at home
3. Buy one, give one $99.00 eyewear
4. Pop up stores
5. Review a website and get a website review in exchange
They definitely focus on the big picture trends of upcycling, technology and consumer driven business models - alot of what they feature is technology driven, but if you are not familiar with this site you might want to check it out.
This week's small picture trends are brought to us from Style.com's latest posts.
From the bib style neckwear whose popularity continues to be hot, the new honeysuckle (am I the only one not recognizing this pink shade as honeysuckle?) color that is being called the next turquoise (cobalt blue is also hot) to chickens in the city (the urban farmer and consumer's quest for a more sustainable lifestyle) and mad men inspired red lips and pencil skirts - some trends they are seeing include:
1. cobalt blue trend brought to us by Swept from the Sea
2. bib style neckwear brought to us by Quench Metalwork and Tickled Pink Knits
3. mad men 50's/60's inspiration brought to us by Deb Babcockand Half Pint Salvage
4. urban homsteading brought to us by Blackbird Tees and Uncorked
5. the color of 2011 brought to us by Amber Alexander
In this week's poll on the left we are asking which is your favorite new trend - urban farming, mad men or the color of the year!
Sun into Aries | do something new!!
2 days ago